New Airport *Express* Base Station ?

Have I misunderstood? I thought the base station was an Airport *Extreme* and
the *Express* was a little extender doobery which piggy-backed onto it.

MST

  • Re: Airport Express vs. Airport base station?
    ... > Apart from AirTunes and the print server, what can the Airport Express ... > do that the original Airport base station can't? ... AirPort Extreme has LAN and WAN ports. ... "Are You Berry Berry Happy?" ...
    (comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc)
  • Re: Airport express
    ... currently the airport utility sees only my express base station. ... Extreme is plugged in, and flashing yellow, but the Utility doesn't see ... it has no yellow leds. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Airport Extreme with Bell Sympatico DSL...
    ... to use an Apple MacBook Pro with Airport ... Extreme, I also need to purchase a "wireless" SpeedStream modem (from Bell, ... If you actually have an Airport extreme base station, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Airport express
    ... I had my AE set-up to work with iTunes and Airfoil using my Airport ... Extreme as the base station. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: AirportExtreme question.
    ... will this station support DSL modem? ... You will have a WAN port for connecting to the DSL ... and saw an extra power adapter for base station; ... Airport Extreme is just Apple's name for 802.11g WiFi. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc)