iPad and iCloud oddity

I have an iCloud account which I currently use to sync contacts and
calendars.

It also holds Keynote presentations.

I have an iMac (OS 10.7.4), an iPad (iOS 5.1.1), an iPod Touch 2nd
generation (iOS 4.2.1) - everything syncs as I expect although it took a
little effort to get the iPod to sync :-)

I can also access iCloud via Firefox from a Windows PC and the iMac.

Find My iPhone is installed and working on all 4 devices. The iPod, iPad
and iMac are shown on all devices.

Except ... when I try to access iCloud via Safari from the iPad, it
diverts to the 'welcome page and wants me to set up iCloud on this
device, although in setting, it is already set up and every works.

I've deleted Safari cookies, data and history and removed all website
data. Without effect - the iPad Calendar and Contact sync with iCloud, I
just can't access iCloud via Safari.

I didn't originally have this problem - I can't be sure but I think it
originated when the iPad was updated to iOS 5.1.1

Any suugestions as to how I get Safari on the iPad to let me access
iCloud?

Larry

  • Re: ICloud help please
    ... If they are iMessages and not SMS text messages then I don't understand ... All I can suggest is you sync the iPad to iCloud, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: ICloud help please
    ... If they are iMessages and not SMS text messages then I don't understand ... All I can suggest is you sync the iPad to iCloud, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Is "The Cloud" Over-Hyped?
    ... yet the iCloud solution shoves everything on to Apple servers ... Abstractly no different than a local sync. ... But iCloud is missing some things and because of that and the fact that I just bought an el-cheapo Acer W7 laptop, I got to thinking and looking for ways to enhance the online experience. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Using OSX Mavericks Server as personal iCloud for device synchronization
    ... Doug Anderson wrote: ... iCloud works fine in a mixed environment. ... people who us it to sync their macs and ios devices, ... Google Drive and Dropbox have Linux ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • iOS 5 + iCloud: ancora acerbi?
    ... Backup iPhone su iCloud - Fallisce sempre a metà. ... Sync iCal - sul telefono trovo solo gli elementinon ricorrenti: ... Compleanni nel calendario - ho sia quelli di iPhone che quelli che ... arrivano da un calendario Exchange. ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)