Migration assistant refuses to Assist my Migration !

My old Mac at work is a mirror door G4 powermac running 10.4.11. I
have just acquired a better spec G5 cheesegrater Powemac also running
10.4.11. I have the old mac connected in Firewire mode and Migration
assistant on the G5 goes through all of the menus until I hit the
final "Migrate" button, which responds - then nothing - nada, zip...
it just sits there doing nothing. I can go back through the menu but
as soon as I get back to hit the migrate button - still nothing
happens.

Anyone got any clues as to what may be causing this strange
behaviour ?

Thamnks for any help

--
JohnB

  • Re: New "worst nightmare" for network admins
    ... of high-gain antennas to connect to any open WAP we could find. ... "spoof" the MAC address. ... antenna, with as much as 17db of gain, though the Cantenna, or antennas ... hit any nearby open WAP.hotspot. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: With every iteration of OSX...
    ... Download speeds also take a hit on the Mac. ... My mac boots in 6 seconds, windows open straight away and i have a 100mb connection at home and i hit the limit on that most times unless the source is giving out limited bandwith. ... I have Apple care for my stuff so i get immediate turnaround if i take to an apple store. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Did Djokers father give Fed the thumbs-down?
    ... Remember when Lendl drilled Mac in the chest? ... tries to hit Lendl with the ball. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • RE: mac trojan in-the-wild
    ... Oh yeah, this will clearly hit Mac users hard, not. ... dropped, infecting mac users. ... The same gang infects Windows machines as well, ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Some RST Issues
    ... cannot hit a shot and keep it in play... ... I'm watching this court playing as slow as it is, ... I definitely agree with Mac too, ... if he had said volleys were much tougher than during Sampras' ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)