Send Mac OS X Mail via gmail User defined From address

Trying to configure my Mac OS X Mail program to send mail using my
chosen From address.

I am sure that when I first configured it a year or so ago it worked
fine but now any mail always appears with my gmail address as the From
address rather than the address I chose in Mail.

Any ideas what has changed or what I need to do?

  • Re: Damn Im Good!
    ... chose to bless us with the following wisdom: ... 100% of ALL MAC USERS also use and own Macs. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Damn Im Good!
    ... chose to bless us with the following wisdom: ... 100% of ALL MAC USERS also use and own Macs. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Attaching Word file to my email through gmail from mac doesnt work right
    ... Application/Octet-stream is correct if you are sending MIME (and you should ... Gmail and Yahoo are the same thing: you get what you pay for -- they're not ... your Mac to "always add the file extension". ... spam -- If you also send the email formatted then "three ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: M$ demos Vista on MacBook Pro?
    ... chose to bless us with the following wisdom: ... Mac is the biggest thing to happen to Apple in ten years. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Default Programs/Associations
    ... There is no reason why you cannot use Outlook as your default mail program, and have it work through your GMail account. ... This is the case even though Firefox is my Default ...