pop3 email on iPad

Novice user just bought an iPad. Trying to set up POP3 email.

I'm helping over the phone, but the fields for him to complete don't make sense. I get him to put in the correct POP3 server name, login and password, it responds that it can't talk to that server using SSL, does he want to communicate without SSL - I tell him yes - but says it can't do that either.

Are there novice-level instructions for setting up POP3 and SMTP email on an iPad?

TIA

--
Graham J

  • Re: Frage zum Internetzugang
    ... POP3 EMail kostet ... Aaaaaber... ... offenbar funktioniert der Abruf jetzt auch ohne POP3 EMail, ... seine TO-Mailbox abzurufen. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6)
  • OL2000 pop3 vs exchange
    ... pop3 email setup, and i am having problems getting our outlook 2000 ... users to send from the pop3. ... pop3 and exchange are bot setup (exchange cannot be removed yet, ... outlook 2003 and XP machines are working fine, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Searching for a UTM Appliance that will Quarantine POP3 spam emails
    ... client downloading the POP3 messages. ... Watchguard UTM won't "Quarantine" POP3 email, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Installing microsoft Outlook
    ... What type of account (POP3, IMAP, or Microsoft Exchange) did you setup? ... Do you have any type of 3rd party security (antivirus, antispam, .etc) program installed that can scan POP3 email as it is downloaded? ... password and i type it and it says that's not the correct password but it is. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: email on iPad question
    ... John wrote: ... the iPad 4. ... We are getting her a iPad mini retina, I would like to know if ... My first question is whether it's IMAP mail or POP3? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)