strange shared link

Yesterday my wife noticed that in the finder sidebar, under shared, there
was a section marked 'all' and clicking that showed all the machines as
expected, both the macs and the windows machines, and another entry with a
globe icon 'engine234.epostservice.se' which appear to be a spamming
service.

Did a search through console and various system things looking for a
traceof this, and didn't find any. A restart made it go away (including the
'all' entry that I have never seen).

Anyone any clue what this was?

--
Woody

  • Re: Mass delete files and directories
    ... The fact is that shifting those twelve bytes upwards by two bytes is *always* the correct thing to do, whether your existing code is currently giving problems on a specific machine or not, because it causes the code to work correctly on all machines. ... In fact it is absolutely essential on all machines if you want to use the lpszProgressTitle entry or perhaps the hNameMappings entry. ... It is of course easily possible to test in code for such an eventually (the LongWord alignment change, not the lottery ticket or the lightning!) but I think that doing so would be going way over the top and I reckon that simply ensuring that you *always* shift the appriate block of data up by two bytes will be fine. ... GP hasn't said whether any of the three "working machines" are SP2 or not, but I suspect that SP2 is the problem here, possibly something to do with enhanced protected files machanism or something else that is causing either of the two Longs following fFlags to be populated with something other than zeros at some point in the proceedings, which then causes the problem because those data bytes are shifted down by two bytes from where SHFileOperation expects them to be. ...
  • Re: Constructive Feedback on things to make PAPA even better
    ... to respond to the below as I felt the same way after my first PAPA ... machines, ... play a round and was able to schedule a start time for each entry. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • [HPADM] Re: sdsadmin ?
    ... implies that we can use this to create an /etc/disktab entry for the dis we ... machines don't have a man page for this command. ...
    (HP-UX-Admin)
[...]
  • Re: List of Everyones Pins
    ... to a database that I set up that will allow any collector/player, ... entry, or the email thing is optional. ... send easy commands to list all the entrys by users, machines, ...
    (rec.games.pinball)