Curious iTunes problem

Whenever iTunes pops up an alert to do with a connected iDevice (had two,
maybe three different ones now), and I'm in a different Space, the Dock icon
starts jumping up and down. When I switch to my iTunes Space, iTunes is
completely unresponsive and gives a dull 'bonk' sound when I try to click on
something (correctly, as there is an alert dialog waiting to be dismissed
before I can interact with the main interface again). So far, so normal.

However, the alert dialog is invisible. Well, I say invisible, but if I
activate my Space shortcut, it appears for a millisecond floating above
iTunes. Then it's gone when I go back to full-size. The only way I've found
to show it is to select 'Hide' from the iTunes Dock icon, then click the icon
again to 'show' it - then the alert is there, in front of iTunes. What on
earth is going on??

Cheers ... Mark

  • Re: Static/Crackle Sound after 10.5.8
    ... I'm on a PB G4 Ti and after updating I'm experiencing noticeable "crackle" whenever there are "alert" sounds. ... Don't use iTunes very much, so I can't tell, if there is/was any problems there too... ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: System sounds and iTunes playback level
    ... lower level than that of the iTunes music playback level? ... I know iTunes has it's own volume slider but the system control in the ... If you set the Output volume to maximum and the iTunes volume to minimum do you still hear music playing in iTunes? ... If you set the Alert volume to minimum and the iTunes volume to maximum, do you hear music playing in iTunes? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: iTunes not responding.
    ... I am having a problem with iTunes 7.0. ... The first time I start-up iTunes ... you should still be able to force quit it. ... down the Option key while you mouse down on the iTunes dock icon. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: iTunes 10 - restore horizontal window widgets
    ... in iTunes 10 ... to a horizontal layout can easily be done. ... defaults write com.apple.iTunes full-window -0" ... What do you think of the new dock iCon? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)