Problems with Lion O.S.
- From: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter James)
- Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 11:30:07 +0100
I upgraded to Lion about 4 months ago. And since that "happy event" I
experience the following problems with the OS. I'm running a 24" iMac
with a 3.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and with 4 GB ram. Running
1 A constantly repeated message on the desktop to the effect that Image
Capture wants to change the printer settings.
I only have two accounts on this Mac, User me, which I use normally,
and an Admin user for the purposes of installing new software, admin
Inserting the name of user and password does nothing, and ditto for
Admin. Next time I start up the message will be there again.
Looking the problem up in Google didn't provide a solution.
2. Mail app reports frequently that it's offline when I haven't set it
to go offline. This is so frequent an occurrence that I stopped using
Mail app and use Thunderbird instead.
3. Safari reports no internet connection when every other browser works
happily. This happens 2 or 3 times a day. I'm stuck using Safari as I
use "Keychains", and my understanding is that Keychains won't work with
any other browser.
4. I can't get my Canon Lide 200 scanner to work except through Image
Capture. I used to use Canon own software MP Navigator EX 2.0 to run
the scanner, but that won't work under Lion. It worked happily under
5. Every time I set up a wireless connection to my Brother printer, two
or three days later the connection is dropped, and I'm forced in to
re-installing. This is a pain as I need the wireless connection so that
my wife downstairs has printer access.
6. A frequent warning to the affect that "This disk was not ejected
properly". A search using Goggle suggests that this is a "generic"
problem with OS Lion?
So my questionis this. In view of my problems with Lion I could re-
install Snow Leopard, but I am concerned about doing this from the point
Does Apple still support and update Snow Leopard, and how much longer
are they likely to support the older OS?
I would add that this is a serious request. I'm not a troll and I
really would like advise on these problems.
It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph.
Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797
- Prev by Date: Re: Get dimensions of image on web; return pixel width and height values
- Next by Date: Re: Get dimensions of image on web; return pixel width and height values
- Previous by thread: Re: Running CanoScan Lide 200 under OS 10.7.3
- Next by thread: Re: Problems with Lion O.S.