Re: Problem connecting iPad to internet
- From: Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 14:55:37 +0000
On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 14:49:00 +0000, Jaimie Vandenbergh
On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 14:42:21 +0000, Chris Ridd <chrisridd@xxxxxxx>
On 2010-12-31 13:22:54 +0000, Kit said:
iPad connects to wireless router (draytek vigor) and gets IP addrsss
Can ping the iPad from a G5 connected by ethernet to the LAN.
(round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 14.355/57.661/109.888/30.563 ms)
G5 can connect to internet but iPad can't.
As far as I can see there are no settings on my router to prevent
internet from the iPad.
Any suggsstions what I should be looking for?
If you poke into Settings > Wi-Fi > (network name) on the iPad (judging
from the iPod Touch UI) you get to see the assigned IP addresses etc.
Are these similar to your Mac's? Check the router and DNS settings
There's a "reset network settings" hidden away in there somewhere,
Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. Not the most obvious
place in the world.
Cheers - Jaimie
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has
endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us
to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei
- Prev by Date: Re: Problem connecting iPad to internet
- Next by Date: Re: Problem connecting iPad to internet
- Previous by thread: Re: Problem connecting iPad to internet
- Next by thread: Re: Problem connecting iPad to internet