Re: jpeg vs jpeg2000 tests

Woody <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Woody <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

The jpg on the other hand at the same size as the heaviest compressed
photoshop one was absolutely awful. In fact I had to go at least 100k
bigger (or a third higher) to get a similar image.

Hmm.

So Photoshop has a super-duper JPEG compressor - 'cos I'm sure that GC
uses /okay/ JPEG compression.

Just tried it on pixelmator. At the same size, the pattern is identical
(although the GC version is lighter). Both as bad as each other.

So it's not so much that `non Photoshop' does JPEG badly, as Photoshop
doing it unusually well.

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry - the spam got to me

  • Re: most natural behavior on mouse wheel
    ... users scroll it will change the value in the NUD. ... But if your user haven't got any experience with photoshop or other ... bigger and better idiots. ... I am attaching a drawing resize to a mouse wheel event. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: most natural behavior on mouse wheel
    ... But if your user haven't got any experience with photoshop or other ... bigger and better idiots. ... perspective) and going backwards with moving away from something. ... I am attaching a drawing resize to a mouse wheel event. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Bagel virus
    ... > But then I attached about 10 I'd done in Photoshop INCLUDING ones that ... is that ntl is rejecting the attachment because the size ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress)
  • Re: applications of ce amplifier
    ... there are downloadable files that can be used in photoshop, or GIMP so ... you will be able to make then much bigger ...
    (sci.electronics.design)