Re: Upgrading to an IntelMac- a surprise.

Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 21:29:16 +0100, usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Woody)
wrote:

I would call it broken by design. Or at least a design that is clearly
not going to work for many people.

A design where you have to learn a special technique to avoid doing
something that you can do on every other mouse is not a great design.

Disagree - for many people it's not a special technique, just business
as usual. I present me, my ladyfriend, my mum, and my brother in law
as evidence.

I am afraid that even with the 4 of you, I can't accept that as evidence
of many people.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com

  • Re: Upgrading to an IntelMac- a surprise.
    ... A design where you have to learn a special technique to avoid doing ... something that you can do on every other mouse is not a great design. ... Prior to the Mighty Mouse, no Apple mouse accepted a right click at all. ... I am afraid that even with the 4 of you, I can't accept that as evidence ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Upgrading to an IntelMac- a surprise.
    ... something that you can do on every other mouse is not a great design. ... Disagree - for many people it's not a special technique, ... I am afraid that even with the 4 of you, I can't accept that as evidence ... Sun Microsystems System Administration Guide ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Upgrading to an IntelMac- a surprise.
    ... A design where you have to learn a special technique to avoid doing ... something that you can do on every other mouse is not a great design. ... Disagree - for many people it's not a special technique, ... -- Nigel Hewitt, describing ukrs dive #100 ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Upgrading to an IntelMac- a surprise.
    ... A design where you have to learn a special technique to avoid doing ... something that you can do on every other mouse is not a great design. ... Disagree - for many people it's not a special technique, just business ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Challenge for Seanpit
    ... the same scientific evidence in life: ... Dr. Scott has a Ph.D. in philosophy and religion and a Ph.D. minor is ... One cannot deny the existance of God, ... 1986 Dawkins attempted to answer the "Argument from Design" and failed. ...
    (talk.origins)