Re: Upgrading to an IntelMac- a surprise.

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:23:43 +0100, Richard Kettlewell
<rjk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It looks like I confused the Magic and Mighty mice! The WP article
explains the problem though:

The Mighty Mouse does not report whether the right and left sensor
is activated simultaneously. In fact, it reports a right-click only
when there is no finger contact on the left side of the mouse.

No wonder I found it unusable, it's broken by design.
Maybe a Magic Mouse would be better.

Not in that respect (but in almost all others!). Because there's only
one physical button switch, all other left/rightness is handled by the
touch sensors. With that design, you *must* only have the clicking
finger on the sensor.

(Actually, if there are two fingers on, either mouse registers as a
left click, but that's a software choice)

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Time's fun when you're having flies" - Kermit the Frog
.