Re: Upgrading to an IntelMac- a surprise.

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:23:43 +0100, Richard Kettlewell
<rjk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It looks like I confused the Magic and Mighty mice! The WP article
explains the problem though:

The Mighty Mouse does not report whether the right and left sensor
is activated simultaneously. In fact, it reports a right-click only
when there is no finger contact on the left side of the mouse.

No wonder I found it unusable, it's broken by design.
Maybe a Magic Mouse would be better.

Not in that respect (but in almost all others!). Because there's only
one physical button switch, all other left/rightness is handled by the
touch sensors. With that design, you *must* only have the clicking
finger on the sensor.

(Actually, if there are two fingers on, either mouse registers as a
left click, but that's a software choice)

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Time's fun when you're having flies" - Kermit the Frog

  • Re: Microphone Preamp Front-End Architecture
    ... design of the front-end of a heart rate monitoring device. ... When I went in for a sleep study, they taped a sensor on ... to be a small photo-resistive element on the opposite side of my finger. ...
    (rec.audio.tech)
  • Re: Temperature monitoring
    ... I can buy an "atomic clock" with a remote temperature sensor for about ... Most of that cost is for the clock, not the sensor. ... The report should be the ambient temperature to a half-degree C and the ...
    (comp.home.automation)
  • Re: FlipChip BGA Conformal Coating
    ... I'll save you the $20,000 for buying their report. ... I'd googled and found the competitive analysis companies, ... They get less than one die per 8" wafer. ... The Canon 5D has a 36x24mm sensor and costs about $3000; ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Can you help me with a troublesome query?
    ... The problem I actually have to solve is somewhat complicated, so I've extracted the essence of the problem into the simplified situation described below. ... ID Site Sensor Sample1 Sample2 LastUpdated ... When they send in a report, it includes current values of all the sensor's data, not necessarily just the ones that have changed. ... Dacon Software Consulting ...
  • Re: followup: 1990 Honda Civic Wagon fuel economy
    ... The fuel mileage seems to have remained the same, ... check the PCV valve and O2 sensor later this week and report back. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)