- From: Chris Ridd <chrisridd@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:10:55 +0100
On 2010-07-18 08:28:22 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh said:
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:17:41 +0100, David Kennedy
Seems the digital book market is being afflicted by the same issues as
the digital magazine market - there's no real price incentive to trade
printed for electronic media.
Seems to be the same attitude that the manufacturers had when CDs first
appeared; "grab the punter by the wallet an squeeze, surely he'll come
back for more."
Charlie Stross, currently one of my favourite authors and also a
techie and gadget fan, has interesting things to say about the
economics of publishing ebooks.
Book publishing seems to be done in some odd alternative universe.
- Prev by Date: Re: Changing permissions
- Next by Date: Re: Changing permissions
- Previous by thread: Re: iBooks
- Next by thread: Re: iBooks