Re: Buying an old iPhone 3G

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:43:16 +0100, Jim <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I've got it in my head (so I'm probably wrong) the the difference in CPU
speeds is something along the lines of 400Mhz vs 600Mhz. So, faster but not
enormously so.

I'm pretty certain the memory is the major speedup like you said
earlier - going from 20meg free to 148meg free in the same situation
is a big deal.

I must say though, having seem some comparisons of the 4G's screen compared
to the 3GS's, I'm very impressed.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/22/iphone-4-review/

Scroll about 1/3rd of the way down and there's a comparison of the Maps
icon. The difference is startling.

Great looking thing, isn't it? The screen is my primary wossname for
wanting an iPhone4. I'm expecting the camera to be a little better
too.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

  • Re: OK, so who was that!!!
    ... Colin Blackburn wrote: ... judgement. ... Half a memory, I remembered his first name and recognized his surname on Wikipedia - Neil Nunes, I think. ... He's not on the Beeb's presenters website at the mo and they seem to have done away with mentions of continuity announcers or newsreaders, ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Reccomend a socket 939 mobo with excellent usb reliability?
    ... more luck than judgement?) ... new stick of RAM into an awfully designed case design where the ... memory ends up behind part of the hard disk caging. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: MOTORISTS who smoke at the wheel are to be targeted
    ... sensible speeds, ... the 'safe' speed limit. ... but you're assuming that your judgement of what is safe is the ... The copper thinks fair enough because it's bright and sunny. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: HOWTO: Speedup login process using OpenSSH 3.4 on AIX
    ... >the ssh client is now 3.6, but still slow connects to aix, but not to solaris. ... for OpenSSL (enabling SPARC v8 instructions speeds up SPARCs noticably, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: X forwarding and X11UseLocalhost
    ... > dt> Before you go poking around in the sshd source check that ... > dt> memory, I think some will do that). ... > defaults to 10) and I won't need to allow the remote host access via ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (SSH)