Re: Terminal colours
- From: Jochem Huhmann <joh@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 20:20:09 +0200
Justin C <justin.0905@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
In article <m2y6t93qto.fsf@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jochem Huhmann wrote:
real-not-anti-spam-address@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (D.M. Procida) writes:
How can I make the Terminal format output better, to make directory
listings for example more informative?
Use "ls -lhFG" instead of plain "ls"? Read "man ls" for details.
And maybe add what you like to your .bashrc file?
alias l="ls -lhFG"
alias la="ls -a"
alias lla="ls -lhFGha"
Saves quite a bit of typing...
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Prev by Date: Re: quicksilver - force delete and re-scan
- Next by Date: Will this work - Airport network
- Previous by thread: Re: Terminal colours
- Next by thread: Re: Terminal colours