Re: Auto capture image from a website
- From: Thom <thom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:30:52 +0100
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:50:43 +0100, Thom wroteHello,
I'd like to repeatedly (every 10 minutes) download the static output from a webcam, numbering each successive image - so that I can ultimately combine them all into a video.
I thought I'd use curl within cron to do it, but I'm at the limit of my knowledge... I can't work out how to rename each image download (they always appear as the same file name.
If you just want to do the job without techie fiddling then use Evocam. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now to make a time-lapse recording some ongoing building work opposite my office.
Takes one frame every 5 minutes and appends to an ever-growing .mov.
It just works (tm)
Thanks - I quite enjoyed the techie fiddling... haven't had a chance to do it for ages.
- Prev by Date: Re: eduroam 802.1x
- Next by Date: Re: Mac Heist 3 is up - USD 39
- Previous by thread: Re: Auto capture image from a website
- Next by thread: Re: Auto capture image from a website