Anyone upgraded online

Hi
Has anyone upgraded online. Did it go okay? It looks like to upgrade to
the iPhone I have to do it online as per my previous post, because I have at
present an Online 15 sim. Do I get exactly the same if I upgrade over the
phone? I know the usual thing is that you get 'extras' upgrading online but
as far as I can see that doesn't seem to apply to the iPhone. I did speak
to a lady from O2 (rang 202) and told her that I went into the O2 shop to
upgrade and explained to her that they said they couldn't do it and that I
had to do it online, she said she didn't know that and seemed surprised!!
I initially rang her to make sure that doing it online would keep my old
number and she said yes I would as I would just put my original sim in the
new phone.
Does the new iPhone come with a sim in the box anyway. As you can tell I am
a bit apprehensive as to how this is going to work!! Thanks for any help you
can give.
Lynn

.