Re: Wireless router - recommendations

Chris Ridd <chrisridd@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2008-01-12 18:33:08 +0000, usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Woody) said:

Chris Ridd <chrisridd@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2008-01-12 17:38:47 +0000, usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Woody) said:

Except mine. It just doesn't work well. Next time I will get another
Linksys - that has just worked for many years without trouble.

You need to watch the exact version you get; it appears from the
third-party firmware projects that the various models of hardware are
extremely different internally and in software - some run a stripped
down Linux, and some VxWorks.

Mine old linksys was a stripped down linux.

Mine was too. Now it is running a reliable and updated stripped-down
Linux (Tomato firmware) as Linksys appeared uninterested in keeping
their firmware up-to-date and easily findable.

Well, the netgear firmware is older than the netgear or the dlink
software, and the linksys was updated when cisco bought them. That was a
great improvement.

I think I will go back to the linksys and another adsl thing, so I can
bin the netgear, as it really isn't good.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com

  • [NEWS] Vulnerability Report for Linksys Devices
    ... - Linksys BEFSR81. ... Firmware v1.42.7 ... Known to be vulnerable to some of the bugs here described: ... them, as far as Carlos could verify, are post authentication. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: problems with a Linksys 54G Wireless card
    ... If you are fed up with Linksys and they don't ... third party firmware may be the solution. ... embedded Linux for a while but I am not yet an expert. ... my 54GL and I can now telnet my router and get a prompt to use my favourites ...
    (Fedora)
  • CORE-20021005: Vulnerability Report For Linksys Devices
    ... Vulnerability Report For Linksys Devices ... Remotely exploitable Buffer overflows and Authentication ... on the internet, upload a new firmware, and perform any other configuration ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: [SLE] Network setup question?
    ... > using supplied Linksys software, I understand that I might need to ... The Linksys box should work on both the SuSE Linux and Windows XP. ... I do suggest that you flash the latest firmware. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Linksys routers, SNMP issues
    ... Note that the BEFSR41 (and most likely numerous other Linksys ... the latest firmware upgrades fix most models. ... Enterprise Specific Trap Uptime: 2 days, 19:00:23.36, ...
    (Bugtraq)