Re: Wireless router - recommendations

Chris Ridd <chrisridd@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2008-01-12 18:33:08 +0000, usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Woody) said:

Chris Ridd <chrisridd@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2008-01-12 17:38:47 +0000, usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Woody) said:

Except mine. It just doesn't work well. Next time I will get another
Linksys - that has just worked for many years without trouble.

You need to watch the exact version you get; it appears from the
third-party firmware projects that the various models of hardware are
extremely different internally and in software - some run a stripped
down Linux, and some VxWorks.

Mine old linksys was a stripped down linux.

Mine was too. Now it is running a reliable and updated stripped-down
Linux (Tomato firmware) as Linksys appeared uninterested in keeping
their firmware up-to-date and easily findable.

Well, the netgear firmware is older than the netgear or the dlink
software, and the linksys was updated when cisco bought them. That was a
great improvement.

I think I will go back to the linksys and another adsl thing, so I can
bin the netgear, as it really isn't good.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
.