Re: 20" + for colour work...

Jon B <black.hole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So looking for a 20" or similar, 16xx x 1xxx or larger monitor. Max
budget is set at the price of a 20" Apple Cinema display, but the lower
we can come in the better. Colour hasn't got to be 'critical' but at
least decent. I know the Dells come well recommended, any other
recommendations?

I've used a Samsung SyncMaster 940T with a PC and that seems a decent
monitor. But it may not be what you are after, it's a 19" 4:3 pivot. I
prefer the portrait format when working on WP and for a lot of work in
Photoshop and Illustrator. There's a 20" version but I haven't used it
and I have heard Mac users complain that Samsung don't properly support
MacOS even though they claim they do.

I've also bought hundreds of Benq 20" monitors for a client. They have
good colour, don't cause any visual problems, are reliable and don't
cost the earth.

TBH for Mac use my gut feeling is to go with Dell.

  • LCD stuck on unusable refresh rate under FreeBSD 6.0
    ... I am new to FreeBSD and installed the 6.0-RELEASE on an AMD64 with a Nvidia ... a Samsung SyncMaster 930BF 19" TFT. ... horizontal sync rate at 63.8kHz. ... The optimal settings for this monitor is 1280x1024 with hor. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [SLE] [SOLVED] Lost resolution
    ... On Wednesday 01 December 2004 3:26 pm, Stan Glasoe wrote: ... > problem with detecting Samsung Syncmaster monitors. ... I fixed the monitor database so that my Samsung SyncMaster 955DF is correctly ...
    (SuSE)
  • New Monitor - Wide Screen or Not
    ... I am in the market for a new monitor and I'd like to get some ... end LCD panel technology. ... CAD work. ... Any recommendations ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)
  • Re: [SLE] [SOLVED] Lost resolution
    ... On Thu, Dec 02, Stan Glasoe wrote: ... >> problem with detecting Samsung Syncmaster monitors. ... > I fixed the monitor database so that my Samsung SyncMaster 955DF is correctly ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: New Monitor - Wide Screen or Not
    ... price range it looks like the 20.1 " screens offer the best LCD ... Any recommendations on a monitor? ... You should also load the latest Samsung monitor ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)