Re: Foreign Google

In article <1h75eep.1hg3pfl590kv8N%peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Ceresole wrote:
> Jim <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On the main Google page, click on 'Preferences' (second down, to the right
>> of the search button).
>>
>> Then select your laguage-of-choice from the dropdown.
>>
>> Then click the button that's top-right (save preferences).
>
> Thank you. It's easier when you can read the language...
>
> Actually, I had a lot of trouble finding a language I recognised in the
> drop-down. In the end I chose Italian, and from then on it was easy.
>
> I have absolutely no idea why Google decided I spoke Russian. Of course
> sometimes they seem to change the language for a day, for a joke, but
> this had gone on for weeks...

I use Bork, bork, bork! myself.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
JediGeeks http://www.jedigeeks.com

  • Re: [OT] Google search default lang.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Foreign Google
    ... Jim wrote: ... > Then click the button that's top-right (save preferences). ... It's easier when you can read the language... ... I have absolutely no idea why Google decided I spoke Russian. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Program intellectual property protection on DM648
    ... That makes me think of the language preferences available at Google. ... Bork, bork, bork! ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: [OT] Google search default lang.