Faulty Pentium II CPU?

I have a Dell Latitude CPi D266XT whose CPU is playing up. I ran
Memtest86+ for about half an hour, and it halted with a General
Protection Fault.

Should I open it up and increase the amount of thermal paste
surrounding the CPU core, or would it be better to fit a new CPU?

  • Re: NBA JAM cpu catch up
    ... Thing that really annoys me is the cpu catch up. ... remember playing NBA Jam and having an insane lead going into half ... This was in home console games I worked on, regardless of where it is though, it's irritating as heck. ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting)
  • Re: CPU requirement for HD video
    ... I did and found that with hardware acceleration disabled, playing full screen as opposed to in the browser window required an extra few percent CPU, with a huge jump in kernel CPU time ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: ModPlayers & ARAnyM
    ... Encoding is different matter and raw cpu power does count a lot:) I ... that if DSP is busy playing. ... And if some Hades owner ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: streaming video
    ... flash player on Linux being so crap ... Just tried a low res iplayer and playing full screen 1280x1024 only left me with 10% CPU spare - the content didn't look like it was playing at full FPS, but then it could have just been me being oversensitive to motion judder from the 50-25 conversion. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)