Re: cups-pdf - flakey

On 2011-12-21, Pinnerite <pinnerite-without-these-words@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have never found cups-pdf very user friendly but I coped with it for
occasional use. However today, it would not render a three page email. I had
to print it and then scan the result, before saving the resultant pdf.
Is this the only way of generating a pdf from emailsa under Linux?

print to postscript (all printing software has that since many printers
print postscript) then use ps2pdf to
generate pdf.
You donot tell us what was in that three page email that made cups-pdf
have trouble.

  • Re: cups-pdf - flakey
    ... had to print it and then scan the result, before saving the resultant ... Is this the only way of generating a pdf from emailsa under Linux? ... print postscript) then use ps2pdf to ... PCLinuxOS release 2011 for x86_64 ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: OT: PDF Programs
    ... Frank is sitting next to me looking at prices for the Adobe pdf program, ... I'd also suggest open office as it as the option to export as PDF, ... Hence the reason i do the print postscript to file and ... If I'm receiving something like a newsletter online ...
    (rec.gardens.orchids)
  • Re: How to use Adobe Acrobat 5.05 in Office 2003
    ... It has information about saving as a TIFF because it can do ... built into Word that allows you to convert to a PDF. ... button for Convert to Adobe PDF provided Acrobat is installed *after* Office ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Printing Issues on WORD 2008 and XEROX Phaser 6110 MFP
    ... yes I did try saving the file in docx and try to ... My laptop is pretty slow that's why I would rather use my imac during ... PDF format? ... translates any WORD doc to PDF. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Error Message - Cant save Office doc as PDF because "file is
    ... exist anywhere on my computer -- then tried to save it as a PDF. ... But before you save as PDF, are you saving as a normal Word file? ... Works OK here without first saving as a Word document - I can save as ... get the same error message each time. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)