- From: Andy Botterill <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:51:21 +0000
I have installed skype 126.96.36.199-fc10 on my fedora 15 (x86_64) laptop.
Err 32 bit version of skype.
If I run it as root (ugh) everything works fine.
If I run it as my normal login I get the following error message:-
skype: /opt/Xilinx/10.1/ISE/lib/lin/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by skype)
My thought is that if an so was missing then using root would not make it work any better.
So do I need to find the 32 bit version of GLIBCXX_3.4.9 and install it?
What is the downside of running the skype software using root.
Since it is a peer to peer form of communication. Can I disable skypes net access if I want to? Is it difficult?
I'd rather phone my mates....
Thanks for your advice. Andy
- Prev by Date: Re: Tracking down unexpected ARP entries
- Next by Date: Re: skype error
- Previous by thread: Awstats 7.0
- Next by thread: Re: skype error