Re: Centralised user accounts and laptops

On 30/05/2007 13:57, Geoffrey Clements wrote:

As I saw it Stephen Patterson answered question 2 so I answered question 1 noticing that you are using openLDAP. I know I didn't describe an account caching facility but hopefully you can get similar functionality in the ways I mentioned.

depends how many users are involved, you get the pain of having to create and use multiple accounts, set permissions so they work for both of them, setup email accounts and browser bookmarks etc.

I /think/ that the LDAP database replication using slurpd might be closest to what you want though, as I said, I've never done this, in particular I'm not sure how slurpd behaves when only intermittently connected to a slave database.

that could work, but would be equivalent to every laptop being a domain controller, security issues over people brute-forcing the passwords

  • Re: AD admin web pages
    ... Don't know of any prebuilt ones, but I would guess there's 3rd party ... apps out there with this functionality if you search the web. ... >I am in the hunt for some prebuilt ASP or other webpages that essentially ... >have a webpage that limits choices in creating user accounts, ...
  • Re: Changing Users Primary Group.
    ... anything that someone can speak up on with issues or functionality ... Where I have taken over a domain there are accounts ... more on that is that the group "domain users" ... some Security or functionality items of reference on changing the Primary ...
  • Re: Send Using missing in Outlook 2003
    ... There's no such thing as Internet only mode in Outlook 2003. ... Building such functionality would entail using CommandBars to both read the ... list of accounts from the Accounts pop-up menu and select an account from ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: 193.138.118.3 ? lagoon.freebsd.lublin.pl /cache, freebsd, lublin, pl on TOR end point list?
    ... Well, this is my network and my box, so I will try to clarify all issues. ... ~300-400 accounts, running for 14 years. ... We have TOR installed (without exit node functionality), ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Is there a Scheduler?
    ... In WIndows NT there is a scheduler that allows the administrator to control ... the times users can have access to their accounts. ... functionality in XP Professional and if so how do I access it? ...