Re: Southern Electric e-billing site "enhanced" to no longer work on linux

In article <slrnf4gs0r.bd0.news06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Ian Rawlings <news06@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wotcher all, Southern Electric have decided their website was too
functional and have covered it in stupid flash animations, which of
course don't work properly unless you're running on Windows or Mac OS.
When the phone droid was asking me what OS I was using, the choices were
XP, Vista or Mac OS, I could hear her brain bleeding when I said Linux.
There is no way to avoid using the flash interface. How pathetic.

http://www.southern-electric.co.uk/

I do hate this kind of thing. They're raising a "fault", but I think I
know what their "solution" will be....

I tried to look at this site last night and had the same problems you were
getting, in the end I had to use adblocker plus to remove all the flash
animations.

|\ /| ark Fraser /mfraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Mobile: 07977820478
| \/ | Somerset /www.mfraz.freeserve.co.uk ICQ:19835705
| |__________/Acorn SA RISC PC You know what the sig means!

  • Re: ITV gives Silverlight the heave ho
    ... R is unsure that Flash makes use of the GPU on Macs. ... R believes that the Windows version is doing 'something ... I think 'bad port' accounts for the difference in CPU usage between Mac ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: PC or Mac for at- home engineering?
    ... much of a sys admin and the last time I tried to install Linux on a ... I'm kind of liking the 3-way Mac idea. ... Sometimes you need to flash a peripheral. ... It sure doesn't play nice with Windows and the UI sucks, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: ITV gives Silverlight the heave ho
    ... I'm not sure if Flash is using GPU assisted decoding under OS X. ... I'm not sure if it's using it under Windows either. ... If it's not using the CPU or graphics card, ... load (depending on the Mac and the stream). ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • flash on mac
    ... Operating System: ... have power point with flash inside, the flash is interactive it have buttons that connecting the slideshow to other places. ... when i play it on mac i can't see the flash. ... when i open the power point on windows i'm getting security warning to enable the content. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)
  • Re: No VFP 10
    ... it's work on Linux, mac and Windows. ... Flash like Rich Application? ...