- From: markhobley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mark Hobley)
- Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:08:03 GMT
Kevin Ratcliffe <kratcliffe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm new to Debian and have
> never compiled Samba from source before, so I think I need to look into
> optimizing them both.
I doubt that this would make much difference. You need to find the bottleneck.
Try using "top" to find out how your system resources are being used.
Then look at your network traffic.
Is the slow running due to Windows ?
Try networking Linux to Linux, using a spare PC if you can. Does that run
393 Quinton Road West
Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
International: 0044 121 247 1596
Email: markhobley at hotpop dot donottypethisbit com
- Prev by Date: Re: Realplayer or Equivalent
- Next by Date: Re: Retro Games
- Previous by thread: Re: Samba
- Next by thread: Re: Samba