Home network / server
- From: "PeterL" <peterl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 19:45:24 +0100
I'm a little bit out of my depth here, but nevertheless bought a 1-bay media
server to store / share files between the four pc's / laptops we have on our
home network. It's this fella:
Everything's working fine. Next, I delve into port forwarding on the adsl
router to allow remote access to the server (port 80). By remote access, I
simply want access to files on the server from my place of work because it
saves me carrying a USB stick. That seems to have panned out okay as well.
What I'm not sure about, though, is this dynamic dns thingy. I don't have a
static ip with my broadband provider, and so wonder how long it is likely to
be before I lose remote access?
If anyone could help, I'd like to know if the best way forward is managed
dns, like these folk at NoiP, or am I worrying about nothing?
- Prev by Date: Weird web shortcut effect.
- Next by Date: Re: Home network / server
- Previous by thread: Weird web shortcut effect.
- Next by thread: Re: Home network / server