Re: Oh Dear, this "crucial" rendition stuff might be naff

"Daniel James" wrote in message news:VA.0000053e.05306093@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, now you have to try the game with just one thing running in the
tray, and repeat the experiment until you find out which one causes the
crash ... or it could be a combination of two ...

Do you, perhaps, have some kind of video card utility running that
attempts to tune the performance of the video card while the game is
running, whose action might destabilize the game?

I don't have to find out exactly which program causes it as I have no problems shutting down everything as I do not need them to be running anyway. The only thing in my system which is overclocked is the graphics but I tried running the game without the overclock and it still crashes in same manner. Since closing everything in sys tray down I can run with the overclock in place no problem. I don't really need to find out which particular program crashes it as there can be many different programs which conflict so the best advice is to close everything I mean who really depends on the stuff in the sys tray.

  • Dealers create their own tips
    ... I sit in the game and take notes. ... I take my notes on the dealer too, ... and before he can respond I say "count the tray". ... For those of you that don't know, the dealer tray of chips is there ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • TECH: Bally Rapid Fire Jamming Up
    ... the ball bearings are getting jammed up a bit at the top on ... right before it runs down the tray into the cannon. ... it looks like the boards in the game are the same as many ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Game challenge / Was Pioneering - friction bridge
    ... Oh, and since it's you, Eddie - the tin tray is balanced on the cardboard ... So the balls get thrown back and forward. ... What game can you invent with a 100 multicoloured clothes pegs? ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Auto Run
    ... > that list, eg a game or other executable, and it won't auto-start. ... > auto-start when the tray closes. ... > can get the CD to auto-start, then I can lock the keyboard, hand the kids the mouse ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: My PC just froze, should I be worried
    ... Its a decent PC, isn't it? ... across a game I can't play either maxed out or very nearly. ... Mainly because it was fun tinkering and getting more performance then you should, I had to change motherboard and my new one didn't like the overclock so much although once it had eventually booted in the overclocked mode it was fine. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)