Re: RAM upgrade?
- From: Johannes <johs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:16:20 GMT
Rob Morley wrote:
In article <1147711301.002134.269310@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
mike <dmike204@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hiIt will work fine as long as there's a slot to put it in.
I have a 2600 Intel celeron with a measly 256mb RAM DDR 400: I want to
add a 512mb chip, but does that mean i have to chuck the 256? Can a
computer run ok with 512 and 256 side by side, or does it have to be 2
x 256 or 2 x 512?
I disagree, the memory must be matched pairs for dual channel operation.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT:Norton Fiasco
- Next by Date: Re: RAM upgrade?
- Previous by thread: Re: RAM upgrade?
- Next by thread: Re: RAM upgrade?