Re: win xp comes up with message about pirated software!
- From: Conor <conor.turton@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:52:20 +0100
In article <4i9m529s2ogilf6d6rr4ms9f26rg393jn7@xxxxxxx>, puck says...
i have a genuine win xp home on my main laptop and genuine xp pro on
main pc all paid up. on my tweaking and testing laptop i have also
used the same coa of win xp pro as main pc and it has ran solid
whenever i needed to use it and even downloaded updates without any
problems. however, last nigth the latest update came up with the
message 'you might be the victim of software piracy, your copy of
windows is illegal'. it takes me to a link to pay £90 to get a genuine
since this machine is for ocassional use is there any way around it or
do i reinstall windows after a reformat and just don't enable
automatic update? don't really want to spend £90 for a machine that is
used no more than once a month!
Put Linux on it then.
Same shit, different day.
- Prev by Date: Re: netgear wg121
- Next by Date: Re: Where to get USB slots for front of pc?
- Previous by thread: Re: win xp comes up with message about pirated software!
- Next by thread: Re: win xp comes up with message about pirated software!