Re: ...and the pigs are still sick

On 2008-03-05, "David G. Bell" <dbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's hard to tell sometimes, although it does look a little like
paranoia, but in human medicine it seems to be getting to the point
where nobody can lift anything. Which means more space needed for the
lifitng machinery in a hospital ward. And that's with nurses who still
resemble my mother--hefty lasses.

Yes, i was talking to a lady who does nightnursing in a `retirement
home`, and remarked that when people are getting beat, it seems that
it would be better to get someone to go in and help for a few hours
every day. She said that if a situation arose where that old person
ever needed any help, an arm to lean on getting out of bed, or off a
chair, two people are needed for that by regulation, which means a
doctor has to be sent for and the old person is sent to the
`vernichtungslager`.

--
greymaus
Just Another Grumpy Old Man

  • Re: Whats in libata-dev.git
    ... On Mon, Sep 11 2006, Jeff Garzik wrote: ... Might be sane, yep. ... Since we're doing this just for paranoia, and nobody can actually ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Whats in libata-dev.git
    ... Since we're doing this just for paranoia, and nobody can actually produce a problem case, it's safer just to hardcode 255 for all cases, than try to come up with a hueristic that won't be exercised for another decade... ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Whats in libata-dev.git
    ... Since we're doing this just for paranoia, and nobody can actually produce a problem case, it's safer just to hardcode 255 for all cases, than try to come up with a hueristic that won't be exercised for another decade... ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Does WEP key give away access to my data to another computer?
    ... neighbors - _want_ to get or use such software is living in a paranoid ... [music ON, followed by voiceover] ... Well, it's only paranoia if there's nobody there, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)