Re: new way of earning money from sheep?
- From: "Jim Webster" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 22:27:47 +0100
"Tim Jones" <wildenfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On 1 May 2006 20:07:49 GMT, greymaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
It was blamed for being a vector for scrapie in meetings I was at
with government vets. They didn't regard scrapie as a heriditary
disease at all. They blamed housing of sheep, with ewes lambing in
close proximity and eating each others placenta, as a reason for
infection. I don't know. Doctors differ, patients die.
IME most vets have sweet FA in the way of real experience of lambing
these days ;(
Two of the partners at our practice do but only because they have their own
sheep. The idea of calling a vet out to a sheep!
I bet they will do more ceasars than just difficult lambings because they
deal with ewes brought to them
Pat Gardiner, now in the sixth year of raving about bent vets and still no
- Prev by Date: Re: A Sparrowhawk.
- Next by Date: Re: Two more farms?
- Previous by thread: Re: new way of earning money from sheep?
- Next by thread: Re: new way of earning money from sheep?