Re: new way of earning money from sheep?

"Tim Jones" <wildenfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On 1 May 2006 20:07:49 GMT, greymaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

It was blamed for being a vector for scrapie in meetings I was at
with government vets. They didn't regard scrapie as a heriditary
disease at all. They blamed housing of sheep, with ewes lambing in
close proximity and eating each others placenta, as a reason for
infection. I don't know. Doctors differ, patients die.

IME most vets have sweet FA in the way of real experience of lambing
these days ;(

Two of the partners at our practice do but only because they have their own
sheep. The idea of calling a vet out to a sheep!
I bet they will do more ceasars than just difficult lambings because they
deal with ewes brought to them
--

Jim Webster.

Pat Gardiner, now in the sixth year of raving about bent vets and still no
result

  • Re: Sheep tags, USA
    ... unfortunately being US evidence it will probably not ... Jim Webster ... I think there are some serious sheep operations, but from what I was told by ... So most US vets had little sheep experience and had never, for example, seen ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)
  • Re: Sheep breeding
    ... Malcolm wrote: ... I didn't write a word about vets only about sheep. ... to matter what anyone writes about, because you will try and tag your ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)
  • Re: foot-and-mouth disease: is something wrong with this picture?
    ... Agency is doing the right thing. ... protection to the locals helps in the vets. ... The vet will probably have to travel to other ranches to check their cattle, ... One word of warning if you have sheep rather than cattle. ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)
  • Re: Sheep breeding
    ... I didn't write a word about vets only about sheep. ... seem to matter what anyone writes about, ... What matters in politics is not what happens, but what you can make people ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)