Re: HP nx6110 (PT604ET) Laptop - Spares/Repair

I spoke to my HP dealer whom I buy servers from, and an even easier fix is
to take the keyboard/case and using some thick rubber/pastic to place it on
top of the Intel chip - with the pressure of the keyboard on the plastic,
forces the connection on the Intel chip to be made. You may get a slight
bulge on the keyboard, but heard few people have managed to get the laptop
working for a few years.

"David Baxter" <dlb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi all,

Up on eBay with just over 2.5 days to go is my HP nx6110 laptop, for
spares or repair. It's developed a fault common to this model where it
won't detect the hard drive and hangs after POST, refusing to boot from
hard drive or CD.

Anyone who can re-seat surface mount chips can fix this, according to many
threads on HP's support forums.

Specification:

Intel Pentium-M 1.73GHz CPU
256Mb RAM
DVDRW Drive
Onboard Broadcom Network Card
Onboard 56k Modem
Onboard Intel Graphics
Onboard Audio
Intel Internal Wireless Card (see screenshot below)
15.1" Screen (1024x768 resolution)
Battery and PSU (needs mains cable, standard IEC C5 plug)

Pictures and more information on the eBay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220339764058

I have 100% good feedback!

Thanks,
Dave
--
(remove spamblock or reply to group)

  • Re: small field laptop with DVD burner.
    ... BTW, I did find a KILLER tiny little back-lit, wireless keyboard that might ... Intel 945GM/GU Express ... Display (Internal) ... Physical Features ...
    (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
  • Re: When the Future Isnt a Keyboard
    ... When the Future Isn't a Keyboard ... On Monday, at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show, Intel showed ... gestures and speech to interact with their devices. ... The RealSense technology is essentially a 3-D camera integrated ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Building New MCE HTPC
    ... desktop 1000" keyboard and mouse which seem to work well. ... Connection will be through my surround sound system and a Samsung DLP HDTV ... Intel Pentium D 820 Smithfield 800MHz FSB ... Microsoft Media Center ZV1-00004 Black 83 Normal Keys 33 Function Keys IR ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: small field laptop with DVD burner.
    ... could never be either a cart computer or a home computer, ... BTW, I did find a KILLER tiny little back-lit, wireless keyboard that might ... Intel 945GM/GU Express ... CF/MMC/MS/SD Card Slot x 1 ...
    (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
  • Re: Logon to mac / Wireless units delayed?
    ... I have run the updates and the update adviser tells me I'm up to date. ... Mighty Mouse and wireless keyboard. ... Never been a problem on my Intel MacMini with an Apple Bluetooth ...
    (comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc)