Re: WTD: WD400VE and Seagate ST94019A hard drives

Odie Ferrous wrote:
As header.

Please could you give some idea of size, type, age, etc? - I know that I could look this all up, but, after all, you probably already know...

Also, whether you want the whole drive, the pec, it to be working, etc?

I know I should get around to sticking all the drives I have in boxes on some form of database, but life is too short - they are stored by condition and by size, rather than manufacturer and model number.

Ta - you know that I would be happy to help if I can,
Sue

  • Re: WTD: Samsung SV1296A hard drive
    ... Odie wrote: ... A number of the machines that I look after do have 12 or so GB drives - which may include one of the above for all I know - but I couldn't check now until Monday. ... Or would just the loan of the pec for a couple of weeks do? ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: WTD: WD400VE and Seagate ST94019A hard drives
    ... Palindrome wrote: ... Also, whether you want the whole drive, the pec, it to be working, etc? ... I know I should get around to sticking all the drives I have in boxes on some form of database, but life is too short - they are stored by condition and by size, rather than manufacturer and model number. ... according to Google both are 2.5 inch laptop drives and both are 40GB ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: [9fans] ata drive capabilities
    ... and I rather mischaracterized the google paper's comments on SMART. ... so it's cheeper to let drives fail. ... an objective assessment of reliability by manufacturer. ... `infant mortality' of manufactured mechanical parts isn't captured in MTTF -- but IDEMA is apparently going to solve this by replacing the single MTTF number that I don't quite understand with 4 different MTTF numbers, one for each `phase' of a disk's life. ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: Bare Drive vs. clothed?
    ... The original says nothing iike that, fool. ... it "WILL" tell you to deal with the PC manufacturer. ... are selling you drives that were not meant for direct end user purchase. ... Samsung etc and the WILL NOT cover the warranty if you buy such a drive. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Durable 2T Harddrive Recommendations
    ... Anyone have recommendations on manufacturer that they consider really ... risk of having multiple drives fail at once. ... Hitachi used to be pretty good. ... arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)