wabi

"Wabi" is a Japanese term that describes "perfection through
imperfection," and sometimes refers to imperfections in ceramics and
other material things. It is imperfection that gives a thing its true
value and perfection, according to those who ascribe to the wabi
ethic.

  • Re: Timesulin
    ... perfection / focus / no mistakes ... my own personal nature, in particular. ... 'right' insulin at the 'right' times with con- ...
    (misc.health.diabetes)
  • Re: Mr & kid
    ... gate in Meiko, which is sometimes called by the Japanese the most ... jealous of the perfection of man.... ... explanation of the near symmetry of nature is this: that God made ... perfect in its imperfection. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Mistakes or sloppy work
    ... there if perfection is our only standard. ... I think that attitude is the mark of the better carpenter. ... repeat that type of imperfection again. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Some perspective on perfection
    ... your musicality will be affected. ... We should seek the perfection of imperfection, ... once read of oriental rugs. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Which is it?
    ... imperfection cannot come from perfection. ... cannot fully understand pleasure with out the experience of pain. ...
    (talk.origins)