Re: Chicago, this Sunday, July 15: Prostrations for Peace

"Sankhara" <sankharakhandha@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:sankharakhandha-B5CC1D.23255613072007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <1184339488.866582.196080@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
tonytrigilio@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

PROSTRATIONS FOR PEACE:

Prostrations will not bring peace.

--
http://sankharakhandha.blogspot.com/

I think you misunderstand the entire concept. Of course, prostrations in and of themselves will not bring peace, but they can bring some awareness to those doing them and to onlookers, by pointing out that there are MANY people who do NOT support this war either in principle or in fact.

Their prostrations are only pointing that out by doing a harmless action, providing a focal point. It is no different than those who carry a sign calling for peace, excepting that it is more personal, more an inner thing.... a physical action that draws the attention.

There is perhaps less likelihood of such a thing becoming violent or a shouting match, and maybe it will attract the attention of our government. Some part of me wants to add "fat chance" considering what our president is like.

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

.