Re: Chicago, this Sunday, July 15: Prostrations for Peace

"Sankhara" <sankharakhandha@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:sankharakhandha-B5CC1D.23255613072007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <1184339488.866582.196080@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
tonytrigilio@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

PROSTRATIONS FOR PEACE:

Prostrations will not bring peace.

--
http://sankharakhandha.blogspot.com/

I think you misunderstand the entire concept. Of course, prostrations in and of themselves will not bring peace, but they can bring some awareness to those doing them and to onlookers, by pointing out that there are MANY people who do NOT support this war either in principle or in fact.

Their prostrations are only pointing that out by doing a harmless action, providing a focal point. It is no different than those who carry a sign calling for peace, excepting that it is more personal, more an inner thing.... a physical action that draws the attention.

There is perhaps less likelihood of such a thing becoming violent or a shouting match, and maybe it will attract the attention of our government. Some part of me wants to add "fat chance" considering what our president is like.

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

  • Re: Chicago, this Sunday, July 15: Prostrations for Peace
    ... Prostrations will not bring peace. ... asking people to open their hearts to this immense suffering by means ... of cosmic peace/personal peace/etc is another topic - context does ...
    (talk.religion.buddhism)
  • Re: Chicago, this Sunday, July 15: Prostrations for Peace
    ... and of themselves will not bring peace, ... We do not think that prostrations in and of themselves will bring ... Instead, as I mentioned in my original post, this is a "ceremony to ... recognize the profound suffering this war has caused for Iraq, ...
    (talk.religion.buddhism)
  • Re: Chicago, this Sunday, July 15: Prostrations for Peace
    ... and of themselves will not bring peace, ... We do not think that prostrations in and of themselves will bring ... recognize the profound suffering this war has caused for Iraq, ... and the suffering for this war is very deep. ...
    (talk.religion.buddhism)
  • Re: Why Only On One PC?
    ... You can have peace. ... Or you can have freedom. ... > want as the terms of the contract were not brought to my attention. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)