Chicago, this Sunday, July 15: Prostrations for Peace

http://prostrationsforpeace.blogspot.com

This Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunrise to Sunset
Chicago's North Shore Beach, Rogers Park, Small Pier

PROSTRATIONS FOR PEACE:
A COMMUNITY RESPONSE TO 1579 DAYS OF WAR AND SUFFERING

As Iraq continues to slide into deeper chaos and civil war, and US
soldiers and Iraqi civilians are maimed and killed at record numbers,
a collection of neighbors, friends, yoga teachers, artists, educators,
and students have organized a community ceremony for peace.

We are inviting people of all faiths and political inclinations to
come to the small pier on North Shore Beach in Rogers Park and
participate in a ceremony to recognize the profound suffering this war
has caused for Iraq, our soldiers and their families, and the people
of America and the world.

As many people of many spiritual and religious orientations, we are
asking people to open their hearts to this immense suffering by means
of performing sun salutations, prostrations or bows, offering prayers,
or contributing to a collective altar of flowers, notes, incense, or
candles.

We are also taking donations for EMERGENCY (www.emergencyusa.org), a
non-profit, neutral, independent, organization that provides
high-quality treatment, surgery, and rehabilitation to civilians in
war-torn areas around the world, including Iraq and Afghanistan.

When:
Sunrise to Sunset

Where:
North Shore Ave. Beach and Pier, Rogers Park 1 block east of
Sheridan Rd. (Take Red Line to Loyola, walk north, or take 147 Bus)

.