Re: We Seek Autonomy for Tibet Not Independent: His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Imagine if Tibet is In USA?
Imagine if Tibet is in Latin America?

You would be praying to a different god,
Your culture would not be destroy by USA,
you would be save from HELL by MISSIONARIES.

Think what is going to your culture once the missionaries come?
??????????????????????????????

"Peter Terpstra (獅心彼得)" <lionheart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
We Seek Autonomy for Tibet Not Independent: His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Monday, 07 June 2010 17:14 YC. Dhardhowa, The Tibet Post International

Dharamshala: Tibetan spiritual leader His Holiness the the Dalai Lama said
they are not seeking independence but meaningful "autonomy", as the majority
of Tibetan people currently following the middle-way approach which fully
committed to his philosophy of non-violent path for their fight for Tibetan
cause.
"We are not seeking independence... we are seeking meaningful autonomy for
Tibet. That is the guarantee for preservation of Tibetan culture including
language," His Holiness the Dalai Lama told reporters when asked if Tibetans
would achieve freedom from China.

"Now every Tibetan wants modernized Tibet. Therefore, as far as development
is
concerned, it is all in the interest of the people," he said.

Asked if there are differences among youth to adopt violent ways to achieve
the goal, Lama said, "No, more than 99 per cent of Tibetans follow the non-
violent path including youth organizations for peace resolution".

"Youth organizations right from the beginning stood for struggle for
independence. (But) We are not fighting for independence, so there are
differences. But, as far as non- violence is concerned, all agree."

The spiritual leader had yesterday arrived here on a two-day visit to
address
a religious congregation. The city has a Buddhist population of about 7000.

This was his first visit to the area as his visits so far were confined to
Leh
and Ladakh where Buddhism is the main religion.

About India he said, "It is preserving its culture and promoting peace in
the
region. I am closely associated with India and consider myself as its peace
ambassador".

Last Updated ( Monday, 07 June 2010 17:37 )

http://www.thetibetpost.com/en/inside/51-news-in-focus/919-we-seek-autonomy-
for-tibet-not-independent-his-holiness-the-dalai-lama

--
"Our practice is not about the magic of awakening. It is about doing what
is

.

Quantcast