Pa. racial bias case includes diversity provision
- From: Metspitzer <Kilowatt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 11:22:06 -0400
PHILADELPHIA ? A recently settled racial discrimination lawsuit
involving dozens of Hispanic and black city children who said they
were shunned by a swim club in an overwhelmingly white suburban
neighborhood includes an unusual provision that aims to heal the
wounds caused by the ordeal.
Yet no one says anything about the countless college scholarship meant
for black students only.
Are we for or against discrimination?
A dip in the pool vs a lifetime career.
Organizations using private money, like the MLK seniors club, are
allowed to set their own eligibility criteria for scholarships they
Brown said the club?s scholarship committee will meet to revise the
language on the application to clarify it's for African-American
students so there?s no misunderstanding in the future.
- Prev by Date: Makbara (Nagraj) August 2012
- Next by Date: ORGANO GOLD GLOBAL! É simples, É fácil, É café....
- Previous by thread: Makbara (Nagraj) August 2012
- Next by thread: Re: #UK threatened to arrest Assange inside embassy, says Ecuadorean minister