Pregnant woman thrashed, paraded naked in Uttar Pradesh
- From: PakistanPal <pakistanpal@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 02:35:13 -0800 (PST)
LUCKNOW: A group of locals thrashed a pregnant woman and paraded her
naked through a village in Uttar Pradesh after she objected to
encroachment on her land, police said on Monday.
The incident took place Sunday evening at Karnawala village in Bijnor
district, about 400 km from Lucknow.
Of the four people who were primarily behind the incident, two have
been arrested, police said.
"In the incident, the woman suffered a miscarriage. She is undergoing
treatment at a hospital," police inspector Rajesh Kumar Gautam told
According to police, some residents of the village wanted to occupy a
plot that belonged to the 25-year-old woman's husband. They started to
set up a makeshift establishment on the plot on Sunday.
When the woman, who was alone at home, protested, the encroachers
barged into her residence. They hit her with wooden sticks, dragged
her by the hair and stripped her, police added.
Article Source :
- Prev by Date: Indian brinkmanship
- Next by Date: How the Bank of England made £62bn 'disappear'
- Previous by thread: Indian brinkmanship
- Next by thread: How the Bank of England made £62bn 'disappear'