Re: Massachusetts Universal Healthcare Program

"Skeptic" <bcs002b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"Skeptic" <bcs002b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Anybody have any thoughts or opinions on this? Put forth by a
republican
governor and backed by a democratic senate. Includes coverage for
all
as
well as mandatory health insurance for those previously able to
afford
it
but choosing not to (as many of you know, something I've been
advocating
for
years). This could be the model of the future.

Medicare for All Ages would be easier and more comprehensive. A new
study
group has found that the vast majority of Americans support universal
health
care, according to the ABC web pages anyway. They care collecting
more
opinions online right now.

How is medicare for all ages an improvement over the new MA system?
The
MA
system covers all citizens, requires all those who can pay to pay for
some
degree of insurance on a sliding scale basis, and incorporates private
and
government funding. Seems like an excellent system while medicare is a
horrible one.

Medicare puts constraints on physician income and other costs. With 30%
or
so of normal medical insurance going to overheads, I don't see how that
extra 30% is affordable for the nation as a whole. In fact, the
uninsured
could all be covered by a single-payer system.

Do you really think Medicare is a better run program than a private
insurance company... or do you think they report "overhead" differently?
Let me save you the time, it's the latter.

You haven't answered the question, however. How is the MA system
inferior?
Why should that model - if successful - not be used as a national
template?

Sure I did. Adding 30% to all bills for a group of clerks saying NO simply
means that we are wasting that much money. And NO, Medicare does not have
the same high overheads. Take that up with the CBO.

  • Re: Massachusetts Universal Healthcare Program
    ... They care collecting ... How is medicare for all ages an improvement over the new MA system? ... so of normal medical insurance going to overheads, ... or do you think they report "overhead" ...
    (talk.politics.medicine)
  • Re: Massachusetts Universal Healthcare Program
    ... They care collecting more ... How is medicare for all ages an improvement over the new MA system? ... degree of insurance on a sliding scale basis, ... Why should that model - if successful - not be used as a national template? ...
    (talk.politics.medicine)
  • Re: Massachusetts Universal Healthcare Program
    ... They care collecting ... How is medicare for all ages an improvement over the new MA system? ... Do you really think Medicare is a better run program than a private ... the same high overheads. ...
    (talk.politics.medicine)
  • Re: Massachusetts Universal Healthcare Program
    ... They care collecting more ... opinions online right now. ... How is medicare for all ages an improvement over the new MA system? ...
    (talk.politics.medicine)
  • Re: OT: Heathcare and Insurance (Was: Prometheus )
    ... I'm embarrassed that my representatives think that government can subsidize the consumption of medical care without increasing the budget deficit or interfering with free choice. ... Medicare and Medicade are excellent programs. ... The waste flows from a culture of health care in which every incentive is to do more -- that's how doctors make money and that's how they protect themselves from lawsuits. ... The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation guarantees individual citizen's deposits in commercial *banks* - nothing more. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)