Health Care Costs Double for Chrysler

Here is one comment from the Chrysler corporation on its health care costs:

-----

Chrysler's annual health care bill is $2.3 billion, or the equivalent of
$1,400 a vehicle. Its health care costs have risen 100 percent since 2000.

--------

The medical/industrial complex marches on.

  • Re: Tea Party....lately
    ... Both programs are designed as "pay as you go" programs, ... spiraling health care costs, which is why health care reform was so ... Insurance "they don't need" is an outright bizarre ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • {OT:} Government by People Who Hate You
    ... decent health care by ending Medicare as we know it. ... Medicare equivalent insurance package by 2030. ... the punditry rallied around Mr. Ryan's plan to deal with the ... health care costs under control, as though we had not tried this ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Tea Party....lately
    ... spiraling health care costs, which is why health care reform was so ... It's the ONLY way health insurance works. ... So either we decide that only the very wealthy get to have top-quality catastrophic health care, or we decide that everyone needs to contribute to catastrophic health care costs so that everyone can have catastrophic health care. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Tea Party....lately
    ... expected benefit payments. ... spiraling health care costs, which is why health care reform was so ... significantly more than an insurance company would pay (months later, ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Tea Party....lately
    ... spiraling health care costs, which is why health care reform was so ... healthy individuals to purchase insurance they don't ... I think we are avoiding this problem by the mandate that everyone help pay for health care costs. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)