Bush's FISA going down!
- From: Karen Silkwood <georgeswk@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:30:52 -0800
VICTORY! Court Says Plaintiffs Can Challenge Bush Wiretapping Law
In a huge victory for privacy and the rule of law, a federal appeals
court today reinstated our landmark lawsuit challenging the FISA
Amendments Act (FAA), a statute that gives the executive branch
virtually unchecked power to collect Americans' international e-mails
and telephone calls.
The ACLU filed the lawsuit on behalf of a broad coalition of attorneys
and human rights, labor, legal and media organizations whose work
requires them to engage in sensitive and sometimes privileged telephone
and e-mail communications with colleagues, clients, journalistic
sources, witnesses, experts, foreign government officials and victims of
human rights abuses located outside the United States.
Karma, What a concept!
- Prev by Date: May 21, 2011: JUDGMENT DAY!!!!!
- Next by Date: Home Schooling rules?
- Previous by thread: May 21, 2011: JUDGMENT DAY!!!!!
- Next by thread: Home Schooling rules?