Can Australia Stem The Rising Tide of "Illegal" Guns?
- From: Klaus Schadenfreude <klausschadenfreude@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 06:19:54 -0700
Life sentences and specialist training from the US are part of a
reform package to tackle the illegal weapons market which has flooded
Australia with more than a quarter of a million firearms.
State and federal governments on Friday announced a major crackdown on
the trade and possession of illegal weapons.
"That means making it easier to seize these weapons, breaking the code
of silence that terrifies people to tell the police where firearms are
or who might be responsible for shooting at houses."
The majority of these are deregistered or stolen weapons but some have
been brought in from overseas or illegally manufactured in backyards.
Good luck with that "code of silence" thing, boys.
- Prev by Date: Re: George Zimmerman bond decision delayed by judge
- Next by Date: Google Shopping bans firearms, knives and ammunition from site listings
- Previous by thread: Re: George Zimmerman bond decision delayed by judge
- Next by thread: Google Shopping bans firearms, knives and ammunition from site listings