Group turns tables on Chicago gun turn-in, uses money for gun camp

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/13484760-418/group-turns-tables-on-chicago-gun-turn-in-uses-money-for-gun-camp.html

A Downstate pro-gun group says it turned payouts from Chicago’s
firearm buyback program last weekend into a fund-raiser for a youth
summer camp — a National Rifle Association shooting camp, that is.

The city collected 5,500 guns last Saturday in the annual buyback. The
city gave out $100 MasterCard gift cards for each gun and $10 cards
for BB guns and replicas.

Sixty of the guns and several BB guns were turned in by the
Champaign-based Guns Save Life. In return, the group received $6,240
in gift cards, said John Boch, president of the group.

  • Re: WOT: Gun Buy Outs
    ... gift cards for $50 or $100 for Aunt Lucy's derringer or Uncle Vito's ... I wonder if there were people running around trying to buy old guns for $25 ... The majority of the guns being turned in are sporting rifles that belonged to the deceased husbands of the widows turning them if. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: WOT: Gun Buy Outs
    ... gift cards for $50 or $100 for Aunt Lucy's derringer or Uncle Vito's ... I wonder if there were people running around trying to buy old guns for $25 ... By what I have seen on TV in the quick pan of the camera I'd guess the rifles were worth $300 - $1000 and they turned them in for $50. ... The police ran him off under threat of arrest. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: WOT: Gun Buy Outs
    ... gift cards for $50 or $100 for Aunt Lucy's derringer or Uncle Vito's ... I wonder if there were people running around trying to buy old guns for $25 ... The majority of the guns being turned in are sporting rifles that belonged to the deceased husbands of the widows turning them if. ... The police ran him off under threat of arrest. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: WOT: Gun Buy Outs
    ... gift cards for $50 or $100 for Aunt Lucy's derringer or Uncle Vito's ... I wonder if there were people running around trying to buy old guns for $25 ... The majority of the guns being turned in are sporting rifles that belonged to the deceased husbands of the widows turning them if. ... The police ran him off under threat of arrest. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Another Gun "Buy Back" a Wild Success
    ... Nearly 140 guns were surrendered Saturday during the first day of the ... gifts-for-guns program. ... I get enough Target gift cards and my ...
    (talk.politics.guns)