ATF "Helping" In Local Crimes
- From: Klaus Schadenfreude <klausschadenfreude@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 04:30:54 -0800
BIDDEFORD, Maine Police in southern Maine are asking federal
officials for help in investigating a rash of break-ins resulting in
the theft of firearms.
The York County Sheriff's Department says 27 residential daytime
burglaries have been reported in a 30-day span in rural York County.
Thieves stole at least 10 firearms and ammunition, as well as jewelry,
electronics, computers and tools.
Maj. William King said the sheriff's office has enlisted the help of
the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Dale Armstrong, the ATF agent-in-charge in Maine, told the Journal
Tribune that his office is concerned that the stolen guns get traded
for drugs and end up in the hand of gangs in Boston.
So now, there doesn't have to be any evidence of a federal crime for
the BATF to get involved. They are so unbusy right now, they'll help
some podunk police department investigate local break-ins.
- Prev by Date: Re: Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG for short) spend 30 seconds of Super bowl air time
- Next by Date: Deadly Assault Rifles Designed To Kill In Peaceful California Farming Community
- Previous by thread: Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG for short) spend 30 seconds of Super bowl air time
- Next by thread: Re: ATF "Helping" In Local Crimes