Re: The People of Columbus, OH Fight To Enact Sensible Gun Laws

Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
The Lone Weasel <loneweasel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in talk.politics.guns :

On Oct 2, 10:32 am, Klaus Schadenfreude <klausschadenfre...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

If your state makes use of the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, yes.
You don't have any right to have guns for any purpose under the
Second Amendment to the US Constitution, and you never will.

It doesn't matter if my state uses the 9th or 10th amendments
because they are both restrictions on the powers of the Federal
government.

Your state uses the Ninth & Tenth Amendments to grant your gun
rights, so if your gun rights matter you should be grateful for the
9th & 10th Amendments.

States don't grant rights you idiot.

Then prove it, if it's really true.

If you personally can't support anything you say, try another newsgroup
geared to less serious teabagger issues.

Q. Does not the Constitution give us our rights and liberties?
A. No, it does not, it only guarantees them. The people had all their
rights and liberties before they made the Constitution.

Well then

Well then.

[chuckle] Looks like you're proven wrong.

Again.

, if you had any kind of natural right to have a gun
unconnected to any militia service, just for your individual self-
defense, before ratification of the US Constitution, why haven't you
posted it?

I've only had rights since my Creator gave them to me. I wasn't around
before the Constitution.

Thanks for admitting you're proven wrong once again. Let's look at it
ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!

Q. Does not the Constitution give us our rights and liberties?

I said "grant", not "give",

grant - 10 of 97 thesaurus results
Main Entry: grant
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: allowance, gift, authorize, allow

You know, you just make yourself look even MORE stupid when you try to
cover your tracks like this, Lee.

Thesaurus.com, eh Slobbert?

This is my source:

[begin excerpt]

grant, v.

5. a. To bestow or confer (a possession, right, etc.) by a formal act.

You *do* know that means "give," right, Jabba?

Oh, so now you admit that terms in the US Constitution CAN HAVE
SYNONYMS? That's something you've never conceded before.

That smell is another one of your straw men burning. We're talking
about whether or not the Constitution GIVES rights. It doesn't.

[restore Lee's snippage]

Q. Does not the Constitution give us our rights and liberties?
A. No, it does not, it only guarantees them. The people had all their
rights and liberties before they made the Constitution. The
Constitution was formed, among other purposes, to make the people's
liberties secure-- secure not only as against foreign attack but
against oppression by their own government. They set specific limits
upon their national government and upon the States, and reserved to
themselves all powers that they did not grant. The Ninth Amendment
declares: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights,
shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the
people."

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_q_and_a.html

Thank you, Bobby. That'll make this argument much easier from now on.

So a synonym of "grant" is the word "guarantee", actually.

Wrong. You've never been more wrong.

If I were wrong in quoting the Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology,
I gave you the page number just in case you can't find the word
"grant" alphabetically...

You are wrong. You're the only one in the world that things "grant" is
a synonym for "guarantee."

Me & C.T. Onions, editor of the Oxford Dictionary of English
Etymology.
You and THESAURUS.COM - you lose that one, Blobbo.

Wrong again, Lard ass.

grant
[grant, grahnt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
1.
to bestow or confer, esp. by a formal act: to grant a charter.
2.
to give or accord: to grant permission.
3.
to agree or accede to: to grant a request.
4.
to admit or concede; accept for the sake of argument: I grant that
point.
5.
to transfer or convey, esp. by deed or writing: to grant property.

guar·an·tee
[gar-uhn-tee] Show IPA
noun, verb, -teed, -tee·ing.
–noun
1.
a promise or assurance, esp. one in writing, that something is of
specified quality, content, benefit, etc., or that it will perform
satisfactorily for a given length of time: a money-back guarantee.
2.
guaranty ( defs. 1, 2 ) .
3.
something that assures a particular outcome or condition: Wealth is no
guarantee of happiness.
4.
a person who gives a guarantee or guaranty; guarantor.
5.
a person to whom a guarantee is made.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/guarantee

Once again, you're hosed.

Is Lee still thinking about my hose?

  • Re: The People of Columbus, OH Fight To Enact Sensible Gun Laws
    ... Second Amendment to the US Constitution, ... rights, so if your gun rights matter you should be grateful for the ... themselves all powers that they did not grant. ... satisfactorily for a given length of time: a money-back guarantee. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: OT: WTF is a "Super Delegate"
    ... Tim notes he does not know if any states use the word "grant" in their ... Constitution (in relation to voting rights) nor does he know if they ... Wyoming legislators write the first state constitution to ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Facts that piss off trolls
    ... Snit wrote: ... The Constitution doesn't "grant" any rights. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Facts that piss off trolls
    ... Snit wrote: ... The Constitution doesn't "grant" any rights. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OT: WTF is a "Super Delegate"
    ... Constitution or if the rights were granted in some other way ... ... Steve, seriously, do you not see the flaw in that? ... Tim notes he does not know if any states use the word "grant" in their ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)