Re: Amendment 10

On 9/4/2010 11:49 AM, Gray Ghost wrote:
DanielSan<danielsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:IfCdnZLyG5p8Dh_RnZ2dnUVZ_qWdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On 9/4/2010 11:43 AM, Gray Ghost wrote:
DanielSan<danielsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:4cmdnRr4_qkzER_RnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On 9/4/2010 11:03 AM, Gray Ghost wrote:
DanielSan<danielsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:4cmdneD4
_qnbFB_RnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On 9/4/2010 10:38 AM, Gray Ghost wrote:
DanielSan<danielsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:j6idnQWLD5HXGxzRnZ2dnUVZ_tadnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On 9/3/2010 4:22 PM, RD Sandman wrote:
DanielSan<danielsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:N9WdnTM1B46L9RzRnZ2dnUVZ_h6dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On 9/3/2010 2:19 PM, RD Sandman wrote:
DanielSan<danielsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:_OqdnSuH5-2yphzRnZ2dnUVZ_radnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On 9/3/2010 6:32 AM, RD Sandman wrote:
DanielSan<danielsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:Lfydne0uSv864B3RnZ2dnUVZ_v2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On 9/2/2010 4:45 PM, Beam Me Up Scotty wrote:
On 9/2/2010 3:40 PM, DanielSan wrote:
On 9/2/2010 12:32 PM, RD Sandman wrote:
DanielSan<danielsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

On 9/2/2010 8:20 AM, Beam Me Up Scotty wrote:

Where is there unlimited authority to spend taxes?

Are you serious?

Hmmmm, same answer Pelosi gave when asked if the
Constitution gave the feds the power to mandate everyone had
to buy health insurance or, possibly end up in prison.

The bill specifically states no criminal charges may be filed
for refusing to get health insurance.

But, since health is an enumerated power in the
Constitution....

I did a search for "health" in the constitution..... not
there. You need to cite it since I can't find it.

You need to read the Constitution, not just do a text search.
I did a text search for the word "gun" but it's not there.

However, the word "arms" and we just had a long discussion about
it.

That's exactly my point. You can't do a text search for a
specific string of letters. You actually need to read it.

Yep, but since it is not specifically mentioned it is NOT an
enumerated power.

But it is in the enumerated powers listed.

I did a text search
for the word "environment" but it's not there.

Then it probably isn't an enumerated power, just like health.

Therefore, the Departments of the Cabinet aren't enumerated?

Look at Arti I and you will see enumerated powers. Some cabinet
postions probably are for enumerated powers, but not all of them,
and I don't feel like taking the time to sort them all out. At
least not until you that you know what an enumerated power is and
what it isn't.

I know what an enumerated power is.

Apparently not. However, a power (or right) need not be
specifically mentioned to exist. See abortion. It does need to be
specifically mentioned to be an enumerated power. For example, the
right to keep and bear arms in the 2A is *specifically* laid out.

But not to own a gun.

That's not a specifically enumerated power, is it?

No idiot. it's a preexisting right (of the people) which the
government is told not to infringe.

But "gun" isn't specifically enumerated. I don't see "AK-47",
"Winchester Super X3", choke tubes, laser scopes, or anything else of
that nature specifically listed in the Constitution. All I see is
"arms".

I also don't see "health care" specifically listed in the Constitution.
All I see is "general welfare".

Get it?

No, I don't.

Then what's the point in discussing this further?

Well if you are going to be dishinest,

Sorry if turning your own argument around back at you looks dishonest.

Actually you haven't.

Yes, I did. It may look alien to you because you don't recognize how terminally stupid, ill informed and dishonest the argument is.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
DanielSan: Dr. Stephen Hawking is an "idiot in a