Re: 1917 Federal Recognition of State Defense Forces

Johnny Lane Johnson, The Man Without An Argument, diddled &
piddled & riddled & fiddled & doodled & poodled & noodled &
toodled,news:a8c191b2-6129-41e1-b9d4-ad1148bdff5b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
egroups. com:

Show where the National Guard Bureau is prohibited from
"federally recognizing" State Defense Forces as a part of the
"militia of the constitution"

That reg you cited, NGR 10-4, p 3-4.

AMERICA?S STATE DEFENSE FORCES: AN HISTORICAL COMPONENT OF
NATIONAL DEFENSE Dr. Kent G. Sieg

Not a Founder of our country, not a Framer of the Constitution or
the Bill of Rights. So this is just another gunlobby propaganda
piece, eh TXLoon?

This appears to be what you want everybody to see:

"The post-September 11th period is an opportunity to carefully
strengthen the military?s connection to overall society and to
trade upon the goodwill that the military response to the war on
terrorism that has been generated. In the aftermath of that
tragedy, another SGAUS president wrote to former Governor Thomas
Ridge (who later became the first Secretary of the Department of
Homeland Security) and urged him to provide training, equipment,
missions, and recognition to state defense forces."

Which Secretary Ridge very reasonably declined to mess with.

"Also, within Congress efforts have been made to introduce
legislation to allow federal recognition and formal support to the
state defense forces."

Name the authors, sponsors and co-sponsors. Sounds like something
the NRA would bribe idiot Republicans to promote.

I actually found this bill some time ago, looked like it was killed
in committee, eh Johnny?

If Mr. Sieg's promoting this stuff, he's probably promoting other
crazy rightwing militaristic nonsense.

Got any more hot items from Mr. Sieg, Johnnyloon? I'd love to
collect both of them!

Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh.

--

NRACLAPTRAP