"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausschadenfreude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5pbh859cbmlg8ed4mb7t9nretjub1mp46c@xxxxxxxxxx
In talk.politics.guns "tsar" <tsar@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausschadenfreude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:gnig85hjfjq8bn4l0p22k9vpj8hj50qq0a@xxxxxxxxxx
In talk.politics.guns "tsar" <tsar@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"Harry Callahan" <44@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns9C6971E231AEWereofftoseethewizrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"tsar" <tsar@xxxxxxx> wrote in news:h6958n$bkt$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

A thought experiment for those who think gun laws are too restrictive.

Suppose for a moment I could grant you one of two possibilities:

[1] That where ever you are, under whatever jurisdiction I could grant
you full immunity to all gun laws. You could possess, transport and use
any weapon you wish. You and you alone have this complete and
unrestricted right to bear arms while everyone else has the
restrictions
of.. say New York City.

or

[2] You could have for your community you own ideal gun laws. Whatever
you think is best for everyone else but as a price you must forswear
your
own gun ownership. You must sacrifice your own rights to allow for a
system where everyone else has what you would consider the apropriate
gun
rights society.

Which would you choose?

To hunt you down and kill you.

Why does the thought disturb you so?

I don't think the thought of hunting you down and killing you disturbs
him at all.

That he reacts with such a disproportionate emotional response and that it
does not disturb him is indicative of psychosis.

I see. So when the Founding Fathers reacted to British tyranny with
bloody revolution, that's because they were psychotic.

Please look up 'disproportionate'.

You think Washington, Pulaski, Lee, Adams-- they were psychotic.

I see.

No you do not. Since you seem to favour analogies: Hosing down a building with automatic weapons fire because an RPG was launched at you from it is neither indicative of psychosis not disproportionate. Hosing down a building with automatic weapons fire because someone in the building asked you a question is both.

  • Re: your choice
    ... Suppose for a moment I could grant you one of two possibilities: ... You could have for your community you own ideal gun laws. ... Please look up 'disproportionate'. ... neither indicative of psychosis not disproportionate. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: your choice
    ... Suppose for a moment I could grant you one of two possibilities: ... You could have for your community you own ideal gun laws. ... That he reacts with such a disproportionate emotional response and that it ... neither indicative of psychosis not disproportionate. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: your choice
    ... A thought experiment for those who think gun laws are too ... Suppose for a moment I could grant you one of two possibilities: ... does not disturb him is indicative of psychosis. ... neither indicative of psychosis not disproportionate. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: your choice
    ... A thought experiment for those who think gun laws are too ... Suppose for a moment I could grant you one of two possibilities: ... does not disturb him is indicative of psychosis. ... neither indicative of psychosis not disproportionate. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: your choice
    ... Suppose for a moment I could grant you one of two possibilities: ... You could have for your community you own ideal gun laws. ... does not disturb him is indicative of psychosis. ... I know he made the threat. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)